Learn the foundations of making eclairs – from perfect choux pastry to stunning decorations – in this fun and informative LIVE online baking class!
It will run on Saturday 3rd September 2022.
To have someone of Anneka’s calibre virtually in my kitchen was invaluable and well worth the time and cost ... Just enrol and do it. You will not be disappointed.
Carole, online class student
Learn to create stunning classic eclairs – right in your very own kitchen!
Eclairs is a fun and informative 3-hour LIVE virtual baking class where you will learn the foundations of making eclairs – from perfect choux pastry and luscious fillings to stunning glazes and decorations. Once the basics are learnt you will then be able to mix and match all of these elements with different flavourings to customise your own eclairs.
Anneka Manning will take you through the process and share her more than 30 years of baking experience and knowledge, as well as all her practical tips and tricks. You will have the opportunity to make Classic Chocolate Eclairs along with her as well as ask any questions that arise as you mix, pipe, bake, fill and decorate your way throughout the morning.
The virtual Live Session will be supported by printable recipes and resources which will become your go-to eclairs baking kit. Anneka will also share a number of flavour variations (including coffee, hazelnut, raspberry, and choc-orange), as well as extra recipes including pretty Strawberry, Rosewater & Pistachio Eclairs, decadent Mini Double Chocolate & Mint Eclairs, and to-die-for Salted Caramel Eclairs with Paillete Feuilletine.
At the end of this class, you will come away not only with new-found confidence but all the knowledge and skill you need to create stunning, mouth-watering eclairs whenever you want.
Saturday 3rd September 2022 at 10.00am-1.00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10) via Zoom.
The Live Session will be recorded and will be available for you to watch afterward if you are unable to attend or if you would simply like to rewatch it at a later date.
If you're interested in joining a future class and would like to be notified when new dates are released, please fill in your details at the bottom of this page.
We will only be accepting a limited number of bakers for this class so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the Live Session and provide personal feedback.
Anneka is a wonderful teacher - warm, friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
Kristin, online class student
Who is this class suitable for?
This class is, quite simply, suitable for everyone – from beginners to more experienced bakers who want to brush up on their choux and eclair-making skills. As this class is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
What will I get?
- A 3-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making Classic Chocolate Eclairs
- Access to Anneka's baking experience, knowledge, tips and tricks, and the ability to ask her any questions that come up during the class
- A chance to learn surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- A thorough understanding of how to make eclairs and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Lifetime access to the live video and course material
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group to continue asking questions and share your baking
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
This class will cover all things eclair making and will include:
- Essential equipment needed for eclair making
- The importance of balancing your ingredients when making choux pastry
- Making choux by hand, with a stand mixer and in a food processor
- How to tell when your choux is ready to be piped
- Piping techniques (including the best piping tips to use) for good-looking, evenly shaped eclairs
- How to achieve well 'puffed' eclairs
- Filling options including pastry cream (crème pâtissière), creme diplomat (crème diplomate) and chantilly cream
- Different techniques for filling your eclairs including both 'hidden' and 'visible' fillings
- Icing options including chocolate ganache, glace icing, and fondant icing
- How to get the best glaze finish on your eclairs and decorating inspiration
- How to store and freeze your eclairs
How will I get the most out of this online class?
To get the most out of this class, you need to set aside the time to attend the Live Session with Anneka and read the support material supplied beforehand. The Live Session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the class.
What if the dates don't suit me? Can I still enrol in the class?
If the date of this class doesn't work for you, you can still enrol and take part in your own time. While you may miss out on the Live Session, it will be recorded and will be available to watch when it suits you. You will have lifetime access to the video, as well as all the course material (including all of the resources and recipes).