This website is operated by BakeClub. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to BakeClub. BakeClub offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
These terms were last updated in August 2017.
Discovery Masterclasses and Workshops
Bookings & Payment
- BakeClub only accepts bookings for our scheduled Discovery Masterclasses and Workshops on the appropriate pages where you can find a full list of upcoming classes and booking availability.
- We cannot reserve your place in a class until full payment is made.
- Once you have booked and full payment is made, you will receive a booking confirmation email and receipt from us.
- If you would like to attend a particular class but there are no available tickets, you can click on "Join the Waiting List" on the page of the particular class you wish to join. You will receive a confirmation email from us and we will then notify you if there are any cancellations for that particular date, or we will be in touch when we schedule another Discovery Masterclass or Workshop of the same topic.
- If you would like to attend a particular class but there is no class of that topic scheduled in the calendar, please contact us and we will add you to a waitlist for that class.
- We cannot guarantee waitlisted bakers a ticket, however we will be in contact if we receive cancellations or schedule further classes of the same topic/theme.
Cancellations or changes
- Discovery Masterclass and Workshop dates are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. We will endeavour to re-schedule at a time suitable to all participants.
- If you are unable to attend a class for any reason, unfortunately we are unable to give you a refund due to our intimate class sizes.
- There are two options available for cancellations:
1. Send a friend in your place. Please contact us and let us know who will be attending in your place and their contact details. You may use this option up until 24 hours before the class.
2. If you give at least 14 days notice, you are able to transfer your ticket to another scheduled class of the same format being a Discovery Masterclass, Workshop or Weekend Workshop. This must be used within 6 months of the original class, subject to availability. Please contact us and let us know your new choice and date of class, and we will endeavour to accomodate your request as best as possible.
- If you are unable to take up either of the above two options, your booking will be deemed as a full cancellation.
- Full cancellations are non-refundable.
- Under special circumstances, and at BakeClub's discretion, if you have to cancel your spot in a class and are unable to take up either of the above two options, if we are able to fill your spot before your scheduled class begins we will offer you an 80% refund on your ticket. We will make every effort to fill the remaining spot, however, we are not able to guarantee it.
- If a class is cancelled by BakeClub for any reason, you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another scheduled class of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee) within 12 months of your original scheduled class.
- All Discovery Masterclasses and Workshops will start on time. Bakers are asked to please arrive 10-15 minutes early to give time to meet the BakeClub team and settle in before the class starts.
- By accepting a place at a BakeClub class you agree that BakeClub is not responsible for any theft or injury that may occur in the classes or at the premises.
Make Me a Baker program
Bookings & Payment
- We cannot reserve your place in a Make Me a Baker program until the nominated deposit or full payment is made.
- A deposit will confirm your place in your selected program and is non-refundable.
- If you choose to pay by the Payment Plan, the $450 deposit is due at the time of booking and 6 x monthly payments of $750 will be charged to your credit card. The first scheduled payment will be deducted on the 1st of the month of the start of the program you have booked into and will be followed by 5 consecutive payments on the 1st of every month.
- Once you have booked and made either a deposit or full payment you will receive a booking confirmation email and receipt from us.
- If you have opted to pay by Payment Plan, please complete the Direct Debit form that is attached to your confirmation email.
- Once the course has begun (first scheduled hands-on session date) all scheduled payments will be charged unless otherwise agreed with BakeClub.
- By agreeing to pay by the Payment Plan, you commit that you are in a position to financially cover the cost of the entire program. BakeClub reserves the right to cancel your ticket, should you not be in a financial position to pay the entirety of the fees for the full program, or do not have funds available for the monthly direct debit payments.
- If you would like to attend a particular Make Me a Baker program but there are no spaces available, please contact us and we will add you to a waitlist for that program.
- We cannot guarantee waitlisted bakers a ticket, however we will be in contact if we receive cancellations for the particular 6-month period.
Cancellation or changes
- Hands-on class and workshop dates are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. We will endeavour to re-schedule at a time suitable to all participants.
- No partial refunds will be given for non-attendance for any of the scheduled hands-on classes or workshops. All materials from these sessions will be provided. Make-up options can also be mutually agreed upon.
- If you are unable to attend the whole Make Me a Baker program for any reason, please get in touch with us and we can work out the best option together.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to give you a refund due to our intimate class sizes and any deposits paid are non-refundable.
- However, if you give us at least 2 months notice (at least 60 days) we will be pleased to transfer your deposit or full payment to a future Make Me a Baker program, as far as we are able.
- If you are able to give at least 3 months notice (at least 90 days) of your cancellation, and had made a full payment, it may be partially refundable (up to 50%). Please get in touch with us to discuss.
- If you are unable to join us in the future, your booking will be deemed a full cancellation.
- Full cancellations are non-refundable.
- All hands-on classes and workshops will start on time. Bakers are asked to please arrive 15-20 minutes early to give time to settle in before the session starts.
- By accepting a place in the Make Me a Baker program you agree that BakeClub is not responsible for any theft or injury that may occur in the classes or workshops or at our premises where they are held.
Bookings & payment
- $100, $180 and $250 Gift Certificates can be purchased online through our Gift Certificates page.
- Once you have purchased a Gift Certificate, you will receive an automatic confirmation email with a receipt from us.
- Gift Certificates can be emailed to you or to the recipient of your choice. Please note that if you do not want the gift certificate emailed to your recipient, please just include your own email address in the recipient field.
- Gift Certificates can also be wrapped and posted to you or to the recipient of your choice. Please make sure you check the relevant box on checkout and provide the relevant address.
Redeeming a Gift Certificate
- Gift Certificates are redeemable against Discovery Masterclasses, Workshops and Make Me a Baker program by using the personal code provided.
- If the Gift Certificate does not cover the total cost of the class or program, it is the responsibility of the person booking to cover the difference in price.
- To redeem a Gift Certificate:
1. View our upcoming Discovery Masterclasses, Workshops and Make Me a Baker programs and pick a class.
2. Click the Book Now button.
3. Enter your Gift Certificate code into the Voucher Code box on Checkout and click the Use Voucher button.
4. Once you have booked, you will receive a booking confirmation email from us.
- Gift Certificates can also be used towards purchasing books when bought at the same time as a class.
Cancellation or changes
- Gift Certificates are not exchangeable for cash.
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
BakeClub Members Birthday OfferOur special Birthday Offer is only available to BakeClub members and has the following conditions:
- Only one Birthday gift per member, per year.
- Offer is valid for one month.
- Cannot be used with any other offer or discount.
- The gift is not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
- Offer is only redeemable online on www.bakeclub.com.au.
Private / Group Classes and Functions
- Private classes and private group bookings or functions, specifically tailored for a group of friends or business colleagues, can be arranged by contacting us.
- Individual proposals will be developed and will form additional terms and conditions for the specific private class or function.
- Private classes can be held in the BakeClub kitchen in Rosebery (Sydney) or an appropriate kitchen of the client's choice.
- A quote will be provided prior to confirmation of any private group booking.
- On agreement, an invoice will be generated. Private classes, private group bookings or functions will not be considered confirmed until full payment is made.
- Full payment is due 2 weeks prior to the scheduled class date.
- BakeClub reserves the right to cancel the class if full payment is not made by this date.
1. MINIMUM AGE AND LEGAL CAPACITY
Purchasing products or services on this website is restricted to individuals 18 years of age or older. Individuals below the age of 18 may have purchases made on their behalf by a parent or guardian.
Should we suffer any loss or damage as a result of a transaction entered into by a minor, we reserve the right to seek compensation for such losses from the parents or guardians of the minor who caused the order to be placed.
2. ACCURACY OF PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
All products and services listed on this website are described to the best of our abilities and using the information available to us at the time. Care is taken to ensure that this information is correct, but we cannot eliminate the possibility of:
- Human error in entry of information
- Incorrect information provided to us by suppliers or distributors
- Failure of suppliers or distributors to supply updated information to us
We reserve the right to change any information including but not limited to pricing, specifications, descriptions, or product names without notice.
All orders on this website must be pre-paid before fulfilment. All orders are placed in Australian dollars.
In the case that you pay for an order with your credit card, we do not store your credit card number on our servers, however it may be retained by our payment gateway provider in circumstances where this is required.
In the case of offline payment, we will contact you to arrange payment. This process must be completed before your order can ship.
In cases where your payment for an order fails for reasons including but not limited to insufficient card credit, or cheque dishonour, we do not warrant that stock will be held until an alternate payment method is available or the original payment method made to function.
4. PRICES AND TAXES
Prices are displayed to Australian visitors of this website (unless otherwise marked) including GST if applicable to the product, and in Australian Dollars.
If we determine that you are in a foreign country, we may display prices to you without GST and/or in alternate currencies.
5. RETURN POLICY
In the case of purchase of a physical product from this website which satisfies one or more of the following cases we will gladly arrange a refund or exchange of the product:
- The product proves faulty within 14 days of receiving the product and/or date of invoice
- The product does not match its description as provided when sold
- The product received is not the product ordered
- The product has been damaged in transit
Please contact us immediately if any of the above occurs to arrange a return. Products returned without prior notice will be rejected.
Please ensure that returned products are safely packed in their original packaging. We will not be held liable for damage to products incurred during return shipping.
We use industry-standard SSL encryption where applicable to protect the privacy of information in transit between this website, yourself, and our suppliers including payment gateways.
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the purchase, delivery, use, or return of any product or service purchased from this website beyond the value of the item purchased, including but not limited to loss of profits or interruption to business.
1. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
While we make every reasonable effort to ensure that the website is available and fully operational at all times, we do not make any representation or warranty that your access will be uninterrupted or error free. Your access to this website may be suspended without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or any reason beyond our control.
We reserve the right to change or discontinue any feature or service on the site at any time without notice.
We reserve the right to terminate your access to this website and prevent further access without warning or notice in response to breaches of this policy by yourself, breaches of any applicable laws, or suspicious activity.
You must not use, or attempt to use this website:
- in breach of any applicable laws of the State of New South Wales, Commonwealth of Australia, or local laws in your jurisdiction
- to impersonate any person or entity
- to solicit money, passwords, personal information or other property from any person or entity
- to harm, abuse, harass, threaten, stalk, intimidate or offend any person or entity
- to publish or facilitate publication of personal information of a third party without their consent
- to publish or facilitate publication of material for which you do not have ownership, title, or consent from the owner or title holder to do so
- to publish or facilitate publication of pornographic or offensive material
- to publish or facilitate publication of material including viruses or other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt or damage the functionality of computer software or hardware
- to publish or facilitate publication of advertising material for yourself or any other party without our express consent to do so
Breaching of these rules of conduct may result in termination of your access to this website and prevention of further access without warning or notice.
Except where expressly provided to the contrary by these terms, you do not have any right, title or interest in or to any proprietary rights relating to the website.
This website may contain material that is protected by copyright, trade mark, and other laws. Except where expressly provided to the contrary, you may only reproduce and distribute the material on the website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Material published on or sourced from this website must not be used, stored, reproduced, published, altered or transmitted in any form or by any means in whole or in part without our prior written consent, with the following exceptions:
- Where such use, reproduction, etc, constitutes Fair Use under the Copyright Act
- Where such use, reproduction, etc, is undertaken by normal processes on your computer only (such as your web browser's cache).
6. THIRD PARTIES
Certain areas of this website may contain links to external websites. These external websites do not form part of this website and are not within our control. We do not accept any responsibility for the contents of any third party website.
Certain areas of this website may display third party advertising. Our display of this advertising should not be construed in any way as an endorsement or recommendation of the advertising network, advertiser, or their products or services.
Certain areas of this website may provide the ability to contact third parties. If you contact any third party as a consequence of visiting this website, we do not accept any responsibility for any communications or activity (including but not limited to business transactions) between yourself and the third party.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Your use of this website is undertaken at your own risk.
To the extent permitted under the Trade Practices Act 1974 and other relevant legislation, this website and all information, content, materials, products and services included or otherwise made available are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, unless otherwise specified. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the accuracy of information on this website.
By continued use of this website, you agree that we will not be held liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website or from any information, content, materials, products or services therein, unless otherwise specified in writing.
In the case of goods or services supplied or offered via this website, our liability will be limited to the amount paid by yourself (excluding any shipping and/or handling charges) for those goods and services.
8. CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.