- Online Classes -
Learn to bake your own French-style macarons – the darlings of the confectionery world – in this fun and informative LIVE online baking class.
Macarons will take place on Sunday 28th July 2024.
Completely inspired by the class with Anneka and it has really put me on Cloud 9 for the week! This sort of content – totally accessible and realistic, achievable and personal – is exactly what I was looking for to improve my baking skills. Can't praise you highly enough.
Stephanie Robinson, Sydney
Learn to bake gorgeous macarons – right in your very own kitchen!
Macarons is a fun and informative 3-hour live virtual baking session where you will learn to make your own French-style macarons – the darlings of the confectionery world – all from your very own kitchen!
Anneka Manning will take you through the process step by step, sharing all of her practical tips and tricks along the way. During the virtual Live Session, you will have the opportunity to bake classic Vanilla Macarons along with Anneka, asking questions, troubleshooting and gaining invaluable tips and tricks as you go. The Live Session will be supported by printable recipes and resources which will become your go-to kit every time you wish to bake these divine treats.
Not only will you learn the secrets to the perfect Macaron batter and piping techniques, but you will also gain insight into a number of different buttercreams and fillings that can be used, as well as an endless array of flavours, colours and decorations limited only by your imagination.
From how to achieve great 'feet', why temperature is key in the macaron-making process, and how to 'mature' your macarons to develop not only the best flavour but also the best texture, this class will have you whipping up a batch of stunning macarons whenever the mood takes you!
Sunday 28th July 2024 at 10.00am-1.00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10) via Zoom.
Please note: The Live Session will be recorded and available for you to watch afterwards if you are unable to attend, or rewatch it at a later date if you would like to.
If you are interested in joining a future class and would like to be notified when new dates are released, please fill in your details at the bottom of this page.
We will only be accepting a limited number of bakers for this class so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the Live Session and provide personal feedback.
If you want to learn how to make macarons, then take Anneka's class. Anneka takes the fear away from attempting macarons and shows you step by step how to achieve great results.
Angela Parisi, Melbourne
Who is this class suitable for?
This class is, quite simply, suitable for everyone – from absolute beginners to more experienced bakers who want to brush up on their macaron-making skills. As this class is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
What will I learn?
- The elements that make a good Macaron
- How to make the almond base and Macaron batter
- How to make Italian meringue
- The different between French and Italian macarons
- How to achieve great 'feet'
- The best piping technique for well-shaped macarons
- How to check if macaron batter is ready for baking
- How to check when macarons are baked
- Making American buttercream and different buttercream options (Chocolate Fudge, Swiss Meringue and French)
- Piping buttercream and the different effects achieved when using different piping tips
- How to add a 'surprise' centre
- Different flavour combinations and decorating ideas
- Maturing, storing and freezing your macarons
What will I get?
- A 3-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making French-style macarons
- Access to Anneka's baking experience, knowledge, tips and tricks, and the ability to ask her any questions that come up during the session
- A chance to learn surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- A thorough understanding of how to make macarons and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Lifetime access to the live video and course material
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group to continue asking questions and share your baking
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
Fantastic way to learn a new skill in your own kitchen! It was great – the Zoom presentation worked really well and I loved it.
Nicky Littlewood, Boggabilla
How will I get the most out of this online class?
To get the most out of this class, you need to set aside the time to attend the Live Session with Anneka and read the support material supplied beforehand. The Live Session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the class.
What if the dates don't suit me? Can I still enrol in the class?
If the date of this class doesn't work for you, you can still enrol and take part in your own time. While you may miss out on the Live Session, it will be recorded and will be available to watch when it suits you. You will have lifetime access to the video, as well as all the course material (including all of the resources and recipes).
Such a valuable online, live learning experience with all supporting materials for future reference. Definitely would recommend.
Melinda Happer, Sydney