- Online Courses -
Sponges is now open for enrolment.
Sponges have always terrified me. I knew there was a method that I was not doing, so was great to get this info. This is a great online course ... Loved it!
Cath OSullivan, Perth
Discover the secrets to super light sponges – in your own time!
Sponges is a self-paced online course that will have you whipping up your own light and fluffy sponge cakes – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
Made up of a combination of demonstration videos, printable recipes and invaluable information sheets that you can study at your own pace, this fun and accessible course will teach you everything you need to know to conquer your fear of these gorgeous, classic cakes at home.
Guided by Anneka Manning, she will share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as her practical and handy tips and tricks.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with fail-safe recipes, techniques and confidence you need to bake a gorgeous sponge whenever the mood takes you!
How to enrol
Sponges is now open for enrolment.
Give it a go! Anneka will have you making a sponge in no time.
Alison McRoberts, Melbourne
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone. As this course is completed online, it is available to students from all over the world.
How does a self-guided course work?
This online course is completely self-led and self-paced. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and complete the modules one day at a time.
You can take as long as you need to complete the course – it's up to you how quickly you want to work through the content. You will have lifetime access to all the videos, recipes and printable information sheets so you can dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakeschoolsponges. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
So, is Sponges for me?
- Have you always wanted to bake your own golden, light sponge cakes at home?
- Would you like to learn a new technique and expand your baking skills?
- Would you like to be guided and inspired by Anneka's 30+ years of baking experience in your own kitchen?
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn a new skill?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- Four downloadable modules which will take you through the complete process of making your own sponges
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- A thorough understanding of the sponge-baking process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
This course covers the various mixing methods and techniques used when making sponge cakes and includes the following recipes:
- Classic Hot Milk Sponge
- Raspberry Swiss Roll
- Powder Puffs
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Sponge Fingers
- Coffee & Almond Genoise (Gateau Moka)
- Elderflower Gin Sponge
Included are also clever ideas on how to embellish your sponge cakes, as well as loads of helpful information, tips and tricks around sponge baking.
Love the idea of learning online?
Great online baking course where you learn lots of tips and tricks from a good teacher.
Helen Wong, Hong Kong