BakeSchool: Sourdough Online Course
- Online Courses -
BakeSchool: Sourdough 20th May – 10th June 2020 is now SOLD OUT.
If you are interested in enrolling in a future course, please fill out your details below and you'll be one of the first to know when new dates are released.
Discover everything you need to know about making your own sourdough – right from your very own kitchen!
The ultimate online course for making your own sourdough
BakeSchool: Sourdough Masterclass is an intensive 3-week online course where you will learn everything there is to know about how to make and bake your own artisan sourdough bread – all from your very own kitchen.
Made up of a combination of virtual live demonstrations (which will be recorded so you can watch them again or in your own time) and printable recipe and information sheets that you can study at your own pace, this online course will take you through the entire process from making and maintaining your own sourdough starter through to proving, kneading, shaping, baking and even storing your bread.
Anneka Manning will guide you every step of the way, sharing her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her practical and handy tips and tricks. Throughout the course, you will have access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that arise and be able to troubleshoot your sourdough baking as you move through the process.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with all the knowledge, skill and confidence you need to be able to bake your own delicious sourdough bread at home.
20 May – 10 June 2020 (SOLD OUT)
We will only be accepting a maximum of 40 bakers for each course so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the live sessions and provide personal feedback via the Facebook page throughout the course.
How will the course work?
This course is made up of 3 key components:
1. Live demonstrations:
The live component of this course will take place over four virtual sessions where Anneka will take you through the entire sourdough process including:
- Wednesday 20 May at 8-9pm (AEST): How to make your own sourdough starter
- Friday 29 May at 8-9pm (AEST): How to make a levain
- Saturday 30 May at 9-11am (AEST): Making, stretching, folding, proving and shaping your dough
- Sunday 31 May at 10-11am (AEST): Baking your bread
These will take place at Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10:00) but they will all be recorded so you can look back at them as many times as you like or watch them in your own time if you happen to miss the live session.
2. Written recipes and resources:
The live sessions will supported by printable recipes and resources which will take you through the process step by step so you can study and work through them at your own pace.
3. Closed Facebook Group
An integral part of the course will be the closed Facebook group. Not only will this be where your live demonstrations will take place (and videos of these sessions can be viewed), it will also be the place where you can ask Anneka any questions that come up as well as troubleshoot any issues that arise. It is also a place where you can share your experience with other like-minded bakers. This group will remain open for questions and feedback until Wednesday 10 June 2020, but you will be able to refer back to the content for up to 6 months after the course finishes.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at intermediate to experienced bakers. As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
Please note: the live component of this class will take place in Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10:00).
So, is BakeSchool: Sourdough Masterclass for me?
- Would you like to master the technique of making your own sourdough from scratch?
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn a new skill?
- Would you love to join Anneka live (virtually) in her own kitchen and receive direct feedback and advice from her?
- Are you interested in meeting other like-minded people and sharing your love of baking?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- Four virtual live baking demonstrations (which will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the complete process of making your own sourdough
- Access to a closed Facebook group where you will be able to ask Anneka any questions that come up during the course, as well as personal and timely baking advice, guidance and inspiration
- A chance to learn about making your own sourdough surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- A thorough understanding of the sourdough process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
- What a sourdough starter is
- How to make your own sourdough starter
- How to feed, maintain, store and get the most from your sourdough starter
- What a levain or pre-frement is
- Key ingredients and equipment needed to make great sourdough bread
- What is the most ideal way to knead and prove your sourdough
- Using proving baskets and how to shape your sourdough without them
- The secret to a crunchy crust and chewy texture (like the artisan ones you buy!)
How will I get the most out of this course?
To get the most out of this course, you need to set aside the time to attend the live sessions with Anneka, read the support material supplied and practice your sourdough baking over the duration of the course. The live sessions will be recorded so will also be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend but we do recommend baking along and catching up, if necessary, so that you are able to ask Anneka any questions, as and when that arise throughout the process.
We do understand that life sometimes gets in the way so the content and live session video recordings will be available for 6 months after the completion of the course. However, access to Anneka via the Facebook group will only be available to students during the duration of the course (Wednesday 20 May – Wednesday 10 June 2020).
Do I have to use Facebook to take part in the course?
Yes, in order to take part in BakeSchool: Sourdough Masterclass you will have to be a Facebook user, or at least have access to a Facebook account, to view the live baking sessions (or recordings of them) and be able to ask questions and receive feedback and advice from Anneka about your sourdough baking.