- Online Courses -
Sourdough will launch in July 2021 as a self-paced online course.
If you are interested in taking part, please fill out your details below and we will let you know when it opens for enrolment.
I have always been interested in sourdough but never given it a go myself. I didn't know what to expect from this course but I got so much more out of it than I could have expected. I loved every bit of it! This is an amazing course with an amazing teacher who has so much knowledge and is willing to go above and beyond to help her students achieve results.
Alison Roberts, Sydney
Discover everything you need to know about making your own sourdough – in your own time!
Sourdough is an in-depth online course where you will learn everything there is to know about making and baking your own artisan sourdough bread – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
Made up of a combination of demonstration videos, printable recipe and invaluable information sheets that you can study at your own pace, this online course will take you through the entire process from making and maintaining your own sourdough starter through to proving, kneading, shaping, baking and even storing your bread.
Guided by Anneka Manning, she will share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her practical and handy tips and tricks.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with all the knowledge, skill and confidence you need to be able to bake your own delicious sourdough bread at home.
How to enrol
If you are interested in taking part in Sourdough as a self-paced course, please fill out your details at the top of this page and you'll be one of the first to know when it opens for enrolment.
I loved the course – a must do! All the instructions and teaching methods are very clear. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested.
Lydia Crewe, Melbourne
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at intermediate to experienced bakers. As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
How does a self-guided course work?
What will I get?
- Four downloadable modules which will take you through the complete process of making your own sourdough
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- A thorough understanding of the sourdough process and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
- What a sourdough starter is
- How to make your own sourdough starter
- How to feed, maintain, store and get the most from your sourdough starter
- What a levain or pre-frement is
- Key ingredients and equipment needed to make great sourdough bread
- What is the most ideal way to knead and prove your sourdough
- Using proving baskets and how to shape your sourdough without them
- The secret to a crunchy crust and chewy texture (like the artisan ones you buy!)
Love the idea of learning online?