Sarah Taylor's Macadamia & Maple Granola
Prep 15minBake 30-40minMakes 1kg
Scrumptious and satisfying, this granola recipe is one that Make Me a Baker graduate, Sarah Taylor, serves at her cafe Six Smith in Cronulla on Sydney's southern beaches. If you would like to serve it just as Sarah does, greek-style yoghurt and seasonal fruit, such as oven-baked rhubarb, pears or apples, will make the perfect accompaniment.
275g rolled oats
75g sunflower seeds
75g coconut chips / flakes
75g shredded coconut
25g white chia seeds
25g black chia seeds
25g poppy seeds
200g unsalted macadamias
60g maple syrup
60g almond oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced).
- Combine all ingredients except the maple syrup and almond oil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup and almond oil in a small saucepan over a low heat until warmed through and and combined. Pour over the rolled oats mixture and mix thoroughly until combined and evenly coated.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over 2 medium shallow baking trays and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden and aromatic.
- This granola will keep well in an airtight container or jar for up to 4 weeks.