Hot Cross Buns
If you are interested in taking part in 2022, please click here to email us and express your interest.
Learn to bake the most traditional of Easter breads – right in your very own kitchen!
Hot Cross Buns is a fun and casual 2-hour LIVE virtual baking session where you will learn to make your own traditional Hot Cross Buns – just in time for the Easter weekend!
Anneka Manning will take you through the process step by step, sharing all of her practical tips and tricks along the way. You will have the ability to bake along with her as well as ask any questions that arise as you mix, knead, prove and shape your dough together throughout the session. You can either bake your buns immediately or Anneka will share how to prove the dough overnight so it's ready to bake first thing the next morning.
The virtual live session will be supported by printable recipes and resources which will become your go-to Hot Cross Bun baking kit every Easter. Anneka will also share a number of recipe variations and some ideas of what to do with leftovers (if there are any!)
At the end of this session, you will come away not only with new-found skills and confidence but a dozen just-baked warm buns ready to smother in butter!
2022 dates to be announced
Please note: the live session will take place in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time UTC+11 via Zoom.
We will only be accepting a maximum of 30 bakers for this course so that Anneka can answer your baking questions and provide personal feedback.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone. As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
What will I get?
- A 2-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making Hot Cross Buns
- Access to Anneka's baking experience, knowledge, tips and tricks, and the ability to ask her any questions that come up during the session
- A chance to learn surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- A thorough understanding of how to make Hot Cross Buns and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
How will I get the most out of this session?
To get the most out of this session, you need to set aside the time to attend the live session with Anneka, read the support material supplied and practise your baking. The live session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the course.
We do understand that life sometimes gets in the way so the content and live session video recording will be available for 6 months after the completion of the course.