Discover the secrets of bread baking and demystify the world of baking with yeast in this fun and informative self-paced online baking course!
This is a great value for money course! Using Anneka’s tips and tricks will really help improve your bread making and confidence and show you how easy it is to make a range of delicious breads. The [video] session was great for seeing the techniques in action, and the follow up homework was a pleasure to do (and eat!) ... Overall this was an excellent course and all the resources were so useful, I know I will use them again and again.
Vanessa, South Australia
Discover the ins and outs of bread and yeast baking – right in your very own kitchen!
Bread 101 is a fun and informative online baking course that will take you through the basics of bread baking, demystifying the world of baking with yeast.
Anneka Manning will take you through the process and share her more than 30 years of baking experience and knowledge, as well as all her practical tips and tricks.
The course includes a 3-hour masterclass pre-recorded video (which was recorded as a Live Session earlier this year), which enables you to take part in this course entirely at your own pace. Not only does the video include full step-by-step instructions for making a Basic White Milk Bread, as well as variations, but you will have the ability to bake along in your own time and have access to all the questions that were answered during the session.
This virtual masterclass is supported by printable recipes and resources which will become your go-to bread baking kit. Along with the Basic White Milk Bread recipe and variations (including dinner rolls and fruit bread), Anneka also shares a delicious Herb and Cheese pull-apart bread, a wholesome Seeded Wholemeal Loaf and divine Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls.
At the end of this course, you will come away not only with new-found confidence but all the knowledge you need to add bread baking to your list of baking skills!
How to enrol
Bread 101 is a self-paced course and is open for enrolment now.
Please note: The video included in this course is a pre-recorded 3-hour video of a Live Session that took place earlier this year.
If you're interested in joining in a future LIVE class and would like to be notified when new dates are released, please fill in your details at the bottom of this page.
I had tried making bread and had failures. This course gave me the extra tips and working along in real time helped to see exactly where I should be at rather than relying on a picture ... I learnt a lot and didn't need to leave home!
Who is this class suitable for?
This class is, quite simply, suitable for everyone – from absolute beginners to more experienced bakers who want to brush up on their bread-making skills. As this class is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
What will I get?
- A 3-hour pre-recorded masterclass video where you can bake along with Anneka Manning and learn how to make a Basic White Milk Bread, as well as a number of variations
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Access to Anneka's baking experience and knowledge through The Kitchen Table and the ability to ask any baking-related questions
- A thorough understanding of how to make bread and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Lifetime access to the video and course material
- A chance to (virtually) meet like-minded people and share your baking with The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
This class will cover the basics of bread baking and baking with yeast and will include:
- The difference between dried instant and fresh yeast and how to use both
- Demystifying bread-making terminology
- Why gluten is important in bread doughs
- The ins and outs of the kneading method
- How and why you need to prove your dough
- How to create the best 'proving' environment for your dough
- How to use your stand mixer to knead
- Options for glazes and finishes
- Storing your bread
How does a self-paced course work?
This online course is completely self-guided. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and watch the video and bake the recipes entirely in your own time. You will have lifetime access to all the recipes, videos and printable information sheets.
There is the option to connect with Anneka and other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership groups. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
[This] course offered a whole new level of real learning. I loved the explanations of why things are done, along with the opportunity to ask questions. I've followed YouTube videos, but they don't help with adjusting or tailoring recipes for things like the availability of different ingredients or equipment ... [This course] can take your bread game to the next level, turning 'Okay' loaves into 'Is there any more?' loaves!