Almond & Raspberry Cake
Prep 10minBake 35-40minMakes 10 serves
If you are looking for a quick, easy and impressive cake, this is the one. Lots of clever shortcuts - such as using your food processor to make it - means that this cake will be in the oven in no more than 10 minutes!
- Melted butter, to grease
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 110g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 75g (¾ cup) almond meal
- 75g (½ cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 150g frozen raspberries
- 25g (¼ cup) flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a springform pan 20cm (top measurement) with the melted butter and then line the base with a piece of baking paper.
- Put the butter, sugar, almond meal, flour and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor. Process until well evenly combined and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the eggs and use the pulse button to process until smooth and just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle evenly with the raspberries and then use the back of a clean spoon to press the raspberries into the cake mixture. Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked in the centre when tested with a skewer.
- Stand the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before removing the side of the pan and placing the cake (still on the base) on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature dusted with icing sugar.
- This cake will keep in an airtight container in a cool spot (but not in the fridge) for up to 3 days.