All About Bread (Kids Workshop)
Explore the wonderful world of bread
Join Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team these school holidays for another fun and interactive hands-on baking workshop to explore the wonderful world of breads and yeast.
Mix, roll, knead, shape and bake your way through the day. From dinner rolls and grissini sticks to sticky cinnamon scrolls and pizza, we will make a range of scrumptious bread-based recipes to enjoy and take home. You will also learn how yeast works through a collection of fun experiments and discover the history and relevance of different traditional breads from various cultures.
- 6 hours of fun with expert baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team
- All equipment and ingredients required for the class
- Recipe & information kit to take home
- Take-home goodie bag/box with sample of recipes made
- Special baking ingredient gift
- Lots of laughs (and you may even get to lick the bowl if you are lucky)!
- Dinner Rolls
- Grissini Sticks
- Spiced Fruit Buns
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
Extra (non-baking) activities:
- General safety and hygiene in the kitchen
- Fun experiments to demonstrate how yeast actually works
- ‘Breads of the World’ games
This workshop is nut-free.
Children to bring:
Closed toed shoes, aprons, long hair tied back, water bottles, and packed morning tea.
Note: Lunch is included with this workshop but please still bring your morning tea.
- Wednesday 16th January 2019, 9.30am-3.30pm (Years K-2)
- Thursday 17th January 2019, 9.30am-3.30pm (Years 3-6)
188 New South Head Rd, Edgecliff NSW 2027
Sunday 17th December
CLICK HERE to book through Ascham Holiday Academy
Please note when booking:
- Click on the Ascham Holiday Academy button on booking page to make booking.
- You will be required to pay using a credit card, and a receipt will be automatically generated, which is your confirmation of enrolment. No other form of confirmation is given. Minimum numbers need to be reached in order for a program to go ahead. If minimum numbers are not reached, you will be informed and provided with a refund. Enrolments are taken on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis as numbers are limited in all programs, so please book early to avoid disappointment. There will be no refunds or credits for cancelled bookings.
- All details including special needs, medical and known allergies, and emergency contacts must be completed at the time of booking.
- The enrolments close on Sunday 17th December 2018. Due to the specialised nature of our classes we can not receive bookings after this date.