Discover the secrets of bread baking and demystify the world of baking with yeast in this fun and informative LIVE online baking class!
It will run on Saturday 24th September 2022.
Baking along live with Anneka has changed the way I feel about baking. Having her on hand and live was just amazing. There are so many tips and tricks that even experienced bakers will learn something new. I absolutely loved the course.
Rebecca, online class student
Discover the ins and outs of bread and yeast baking – right in your very own kitchen!
Bread 101 is a fun and informative 3-hour LIVE virtual baking class that will take you through the basics of bread baking, demystifying the world of baking with yeast.
Anneka Manning will take you through the process and share her more than 30 years of baking experience and knowledge, as well as all her practical tips and tricks. You will have the ability to make a Basic White Milk Bread along with her as well as ask any questions that arise as you mix, roll, knead and bake your way throughout the morning.
The virtual Live Session will be supported by printable recipes and resources which will become your go-to bread baking kit. Anneka will also share a number of recipe variations (including dinner rolls and fruit bread), as well as a delicious Herb and Cheese pull-apart bread, a wholesome Seeded Wholemeal Loaf and divine Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls.
At the end of this class, you will come away not only with new-found confidence but all the knowledge you need to add bread baking to your list of baking skills!
Saturday 24th September 2022 at 10.00am-1.00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10) via Zoom.
The Live Session will be recorded and will be available for you to watch afterward if you are unable to attend or if you would simply like to rewatch it at a later date.
If you're interested in joining in a future class and would like to be notified when new dates are released, please fill in your details at the bottom of this page.
Getting to ask Anneka questions was very helpful and she has so much knowledge to share ... and explains everything clearly. She’s generous and wants you to get the most out of the class. It’s a wonderful combination of learning and fun done in a friendly yet organised way ... I got so much out of the class. I wouldn’t change anything.
Kristin, online class student
We will only be accepting a limited number of bakers for this class so that Anneka can answer your baking questions during the Live Session and provide personal feedback.
Who is this class suitable for?
This class is, quite simply, suitable for everyone – from absolute beginners to more experienced bakers who want to brush up on their bread-making skills. As this class is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
What will I get?
- A 3-hour virtual live baking demonstration (which will take place on Zoom and will be recorded) where you will learn and bake along with Anneka Manning through the process of making a Basic White Milk Bread
- Access to Anneka's baking experience, knowledge, tips and tricks, and the ability to ask her any questions that come up during the class
- A chance to learn surrounded (virtually) by like-minded people
- A thorough understanding of how to make bread and how to apply what you’ve learnt to be able to troubleshoot in the future and ensure baking success
- Invaluable printable information sheets and recipes
- Lifetime access to the live video and course material
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group to continue asking questions and share your baking
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
What will I learn?
This class will cover the basics of bread baking and baking with yeast and will include:
- The difference between dried instant and fresh yeast and how to use both
- Demystifying bread-making terminology
- Why gluten is important in bread doughs
- The ins and outs of the kneading method
- How and why you need to prove your dough
- How to create the best 'proving' environment for your dough
- How to use your stand mixer to knead
- Options for glazes and finishes
- Storing your bread
How will I get the most out of this online class?
To get the most out of this class, you need to set aside the time to attend the Live Session with Anneka and read the support material supplied beforehand. The Live Session will be recorded so it will be available to watch at any time if you are unable to attend. However, we do recommend baking along to get the most out of the class.
What if the dates don't suit me? Can I still enrol in the class?
If the date of this class doesn't work for you, you can still enrol and take part in your own time. While you may miss out on the Live Session, it will be recorded and will be available to watch when it suits you. You will have lifetime access to the video, as well as all the course material (including all of the resources and recipes).