20 Jun 2017 - Anneka Manning
I don’t know about you but I always seem to get my wings around the wrong way when making butterfly cakes! Here’s a simple method to make sure they are flying in the right direction…
- Cut a shallow cone-shaped piece out of the top of a cupcake, leaving about a 1cm border.
- Cut the piece of cake in half.
- Spoon a little whipped or thick cream or mascarpone and then some jam into the hole to fill.
- Arrange the two pieces of cake into the jam to from wings, top side up and round edges facing outwards.
- Dust with icing sure if you wish.