Maple, Cardamom & Almond Granola
Prep 15min (+30min cooling time)Bake 40minMakes 7 cups
There really is nothing like a homemade cereal. One word of advice though – don’t leave the cardamom out as it gives this granola an elusive and fascinating flavour.
285g (3 cups) rolled oats
150g natural almonds, coarsely chopped
55g (¾ cup) shredded coconut
40g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds
40g (¼ cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
185ml (¾ cup) maple syrup
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
170g (1 cup) seedless raisins
80g (½ cup) dried apricots, shredded
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas, cinnamon and cardamom in a large heatproof bowl.
- Combine the maple syrup, sunflower oil and vanilla. Add to the oat mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix until evenly combined. Spread over the lined tray and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking. Stir through the raisins and apricots and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the oats are deep golden and well toasted.
- Cool on the tray (this will take about 30 minutes). Serve with milk, yoghurt and/or fruit.