Uncovering the Flavours of Tasmania with Anneka Manning: Inside Access to People, Produce and Places
A 9-Day Guided Tour of Tasmania, Australia’s Top Foodie Destination
This trip will be like no other trip. Along with Anneka Manning, over 9 glorious days you will discover the real stories behind the people, the produce and the places that makes Tasmania Australia’s most loved foodie destination.
Anneka has called on old and new foodie friends alike to help create an exclusive collection of food- and wine-based experiences that will not only give you a unique insight into selected artisan producers but also the special relationship each one of them has with Tasmania and the produce it offers.
You’ll get hands on as you join in workshops, visit sustainable farms, talk to artisan bakers and explore markets offering world-renowned produce. From Hobart and the Huon Valley, to the Freycinet Peninsula and then Launceston, you will love this trip for the exceptional food, exclusive experiences and inspiring personalities you will meet along the way.
This is your invitation to join Anneka in March 2021 to uncover the real flavours of Tasmania!
You will love this trip if:
- You want to be inspired by Tasmania’s incredible seasonal produce and meet the artisans behind the food.
- You want to join Rodney Dunn and Anneka Manning for an exclusive hands-on cooking experience at the much-loved Agrarian Kitchen.
- You love the stories behind the experts. Be inspired by some of Tasmania’s foodie talent: Michelle Crawford, Rodney Dunn, Curly Haslam-Coates and Analiese Gregory.
- Meandering Tasmania’s food landscape through the lens of Anneka Manning sounds like the perfect local escape to combine your love of food and travel.
- Join Rodney Dunn at the Agrarian Kitchen for a behind the scenes farm tour and exclusive cooking workshop.
- Join Michelle Crawford, acclaimed food writer and food stylist, in her studio kitchen for a pickling and preserving workshop using the best locally-sourced produce.
- Join Analiese Gregory (labelled a trailblazing, goat-loving, cheese making, urchin-diving, chef-adventurer!) where you will hear her foraging stories and have a tasting of freshly-harvested seaweed and other local specialties.
- Uncover fresh local produce during a visit to Fat Pig Farm as you take a tour and enjoy dinner straight from their garden and farm. Home to Gourmet Farmer Matthew Evans and Sadie Chrestman located in the beautiful Huon Valley, you’ll witness how they nurture food from the soil and turn it into great meals for the farmhouse table.
- Explore the vibrant Harvest Market in Launceston with local identity Curly Haslam-Coates to meet some of the producers. Join her afterwards for a sensory food and sparkling wine experience.
- Join Franca Zingler , pastry chef and owner of the Port Cygnet Cannery, for a delightful morning tea of German pastries from her childhood and learn how her heritage, together with the beautiful local produce, has inspired the way she bakes today.
- Enjoy an exclusive farm experience at Glen Houn Dairy Co, a sustainable, small-scale, organic dairy that procures the milk for Bruny Island Cheese Co.
- A Dedicated Travel Director is on hand.
- Hosted by BakeClub’s founder Anneka Manning.
Click here to see the full itinerary.
7th-15th March 2021
All enquiries and bookings to be made through Insight Vacations.