- Hands-On -
A no-fuss 'real' guide to the world of gluten-free baking!
Join Anneka Manning, founder of BakeClub and author of BakeClass, in a 3.5-hour, hands-on baking class and be guided through the tricky world of gluten-free baking. This interactive class will give you a thorough understanding of what can be substituted for gluten-based ingredients in your baking and introduce you to the best gluten-free flour options.
You will go home with an invaluable collection of gluten-free recipes that you can build upon and use on a daily basis such as: banana bread, cupcakes, muffins, biscuits, muesli bars and pizza bases. Get the best out of recipes without gluten and enjoy successful – and delicious! – gluten-free baking.
- 3.5 hours of expert baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning
- Baking in the state-of-the-art BakeClub kitchen in Rosebery, Sydney
- An invaluable recipe & information kit
- A voice recording (which you will receive by email after the class) of Anneka teaching during the instructional part of the class so you can listen back and revise all the techniques and tips you learn in the class
- Special gifts from our wonderful partners including a bakeware gift from Baker's Secret and delicious baking ingredients from Queen Fine Foods
- Tastings throughout the class
- Take-home box with samples of all the goodies we bake in the class
- Afternoon tea
- Confidence, skill and know-how to take home, keep and use regularly in your own kitchen
- Lots of laughs!
Looking for something special and unique for a birthday, hen’s gathering or even a team-building or corporate event?
Book a group and take all 12 spots in this baking class and receive a 10% discount! Please contact us for more details. Alternatively, other times and dates for this class are also available for Private Group bookings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have any particular baking or cooking skills to attend a class?
Definitely not! Bakers of all levels are most welcome. We will ask you when you are booking what sort of baker you consider yourself to be. This is so we can make sure the class is designed for everyone, no matter what your baking ability and skill level.
Are all ingredients and equipment supplied for my BakeClass?
Yes, all ingredients and equipment are included in the price for all BakeClasses, apart from an apron.
Do I need to bring anything with me to a BakeClass?
Make sure you wear closed shoes and please bring an apron with you. Also bring a pen if you would like to make notes on your recipes.
How many people come along to each class?
Our intimate hands-on group classes will have no more than 12 people. They have been designed to introduce you to a specific baking topic in a fun and friendly atmosphere where recipes and ideas will be shared, baking sticking points and 'fears' will be overcome and loads of relevant hints and tips that you can take back to your own kitchen will be learnt.
What will I be taking home at the end of the class?
Along with a new confidence to bake and loads of useful information and memorable hints and tips that you will be able to use in your own kitchen, you will also be taking home an invaluable recipe and information kit and a ‘goodie’ box with samples of all the recipes that are made in the class (just so you can be the most popular person in your house!) You will also take home special gifts from our wonderful partners.
How do I book a place at a BakeClass?
You can book online for our scheduled classes through our BakeClasses page. Unfortunately, we can’t reserve your place in a class until full payment is made. Once you have booked and full payment has been made you will receive a booking confirmation email and receipt from us. Please email us if you have any other queries before the class.
What happens if I am unable to come along to the class I have booked?
If you are unable to attend a class for any reason, unfortunately we are unable to give you a refund due to our intimate class sizes. However, you have two options:
- Send a friend in your place. Please contact us and let us know who will be attending in your place and their contact details.
- If you give us at least 14 days notice then you are able to transfer your ticket to another scheduled BakeClass within 6 months of the original class. Please contact us and let us know your new choice of class.
If you are unable to take up either of these two options, your booking will be deemed as a cancellation, which is non-refundable.
Please see the BakeClub Terms and Conditions for more information.
Can I purchase a Gift Certificate?
Yes, they make a great gift for family and friends – especially if you plan on coming to a class together. BakeClub Gift Certificates can be purchased here for the value of $100 or $220.
Once you have purchased a gift certificate will receive an automatic confirmation email with a receipt from us. The Gift Certificate can be emailed to you, to the recipient of your choice or it can be posted out to you.
Please note that BakeClub Gift certificates are non-refundable however they are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Can I make a group booking?
Yes, you can. You can find out more about Private Group bookings here, specifically tailored for a group of friends or business colleagues, or contact us. You can also book all 12 places in one of our scheduled BakeClasses and get a 10% discount.
Do you have a wait list?
Yes! If you would like to attend a particular BakeClass but there are no available tickets, you can click on "Join the Waiting List" on the page of the particular class you wish to join. We will then notify you if there are any cancellations for that particular date, or we will be in touch when we schedule another BakeClass of the same topic.
If you would like to attend a particular BakeClass but there is no BakeClass of that topic scheduled in the calendar, please contact us and we will add you to a waitlist for that class.
Where are BakeClasses held?
All of our hands-on Make Me a Baker classes take place in the at Flash in the Pan Studio in Rosebery. If you are attending a Make Me a Baker hands-on class it will be held at: Studio 216, Level 2, 30-40 Harcourt Parade, Rosebery NSW 2018.
Is there parking available at the Make Me a Baker kitchen?
Our kitchen is located in a suburban area, with some industrial buildings. We do not have a dedicated parking area but you won’t have trouble finding all day parking as there is unlimited parking on Harcourt Parade directly in front of our building’s entrance as well as around the corner on Rothschild Avenue and ample parking in surrounding suburban streets.
How can I get to the Make Me a Baker kitchen?
Our studio kitchen is located in Rosebery, only 10 minutes from Sydney's CBD. It is easily accessible by car and there is unlimited parking on Rothschild Avenue and ample parking in surrounding suburban streets.
We are also very close to a range of public transport, including:
- Buses: many buses travel to Rosebery and very close to the studio kitchen
- Trains: Mascot Railway Station is only 2.5kms away and a 5-minute taxi ride. It is located on Bourke Street near the corner of Church Avenue, Mascot.
- Planes: If you are travelling long distances to join us for Make Me a Baker, we are delighted to have you. We are easily accessible from Sydney’s domestic airport and it is only a 7-minute taxi ride to the BakeClub kitchen.