Gluten-free Baking Essentials
- Online Courses -
Gluten-free Baking Essentials is now open for enrolment!
Discover this no-fuss 'real' guide to the world of gluten-free baking – in your own time!
Gluten-free Baking Essentials is an online course that will introduce you to the tricky world of gluten-free baking and will give you an understanding of gluten-free ingredients and how to use them successfully – all from your own home kitchen!
Completed in your own time, at your own pace, this course will give you a thorough understanding of what can be substituted for gluten-based ingredients in your baking and introduce you to the best gluten-free flour options. You will learn how to make your own gluten-free flour blends and for which type of recipe each blend is best suited, as well as how to adapt recipes to gluten-free (and how to get the best results!). You will also receive an invaluable collection of gluten-free recipes that you can build upon and use on a daily basis including gluten-free bread, pastry, pizza base, muffins, biscuits and a special celebration cake.
Guided by Anneka Manning, she will share her more than 30 years of baking experience, knowledge and research, as well as all of her practical and handy tips and tricks.
By the end of this course, you will walk away with all the knowledge, skill and confidence you need to get the best out of recipes without gluten and enjoy successful – and delicious – gluten-free baking!
How to enrol
Gluten-free Baking Essentials is a self-guided course and is now open for enrolment.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for bakers of all skill levels who want to expand their gluten-free knowledge and understand how gluten-free ingredients work and how to use them successfully in their baking. This course is not only for those who need to avoid gluten in their own diets, but also those who want to bake for family and friends who are gluten-intolerant.
As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
So, is Gluten-Free Baking Essentials for me?
- Do you need to avoid gluten in your diet but still want to bake delicious things you can eat?
- Do you want to bake successfully for family and friends who are gluten-intolerant?
- Would you like to gain a thorough understanding of what can be substituted for gluten-based ingredients in your baking and gain the confidence to do so?
- Would you like to be guided and inspired by Anneka's 30+ years of baking experience in your own kitchen?
- Do you have more time on your hands at the moment and keen to learn a new skill?
If any of these sound like you, then this course is the one for you!
What will I get?
- An understanding of gluten-free baking, substitutions and gluten-free flour options
- Downloadable and printable information resources including The Principles of Gluten-free Baking, A Guide to Gluten-free Flours, Starches and Other Ingredients, Making Your Own Gluten-free Flour Blends and Tips for Gluten-free Baking
- An invaluable collection of delicious gluten-free recipes (many of which are also dairy-free) that you can build upon and use on a daily basis (see full list below)
- Gluten-free baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group which will provide ongoing support and inspiration
What recipes are included?
- Artisan-style Gluten-free Bread
- Gluten & Dairy-free Banana & Coconut Berry Muffins
- Gluten-free Banana Bread
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Gluten-free Orange Toffee & Chocolate Celebration Cake
- Gluten-free Ricotta, Basil & Tomato Pizza
- Gluten-free Shortcrust Pastry
- Gluten-free Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Gluten-free Zucchini, Feta & Pesto Galette
- Seeded Gluten-free Crackers
How does a self-guided course work?
This online course is completely self-led and self-paced. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and complete the modules one day at a time.
You can take as long as you need to complete the course – it's up to you how quickly you want to work through the content. You will have lifetime access to all the recipes and and printable information sheets so you can dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakeschoolglutenfree. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.