- Baking Classes -
A no-fuss 'real' guide to gluten-free baking!
This discovery masterclass will guide you through the tricky world of gluten-free baking and will give you a thorough understanding of gluten-free ingredients and how to use them successfully.
Anneka Manning, author, baking teacher and the founder of BakeClub, will take you through what can be substituted for gluten-based ingredients and introduce you to the best gluten-free flour options. You will also learn how to make your own gluten-free flour blends and for which type of recipe each blend is best suited, as well as how to adapt recipes to gluten-free (and how to get the best results!)
You will leave this 2-hour demonstration-style class with an invaluable collection of gluten-free recipes (many of which are also dairy-free) that you can build upon and use on a daily basis.
So, join us and get all the tips and tricks you need to enjoy successful – and delicious! – gluten-free baking!
Anneka will share some of her much-loved gluten-free recipes including:
- Wholegrain & Chia Bread
- Dairy-free Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Banana, Coconut & Berry Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chunk Quinoa Cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
What you will get:
- 2 hours of expert baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning
- Your chance to get the answers to any gluten-free baking questions you’ve always wanted to ask
- An invaluable recipe and information kit to take home
- Baking confidence and knowledge to take home, keep and use regularly in your own kitchen!
- Special gifts from our wonderful partners including a baking ingredient from Queen Fine Foods
- A fun session full of learning and laughs surrounded by like-minded people in the fantastic state-of-the-art BakeClub kitchen in Rosebery, Sydney
- Morning tea and endless cups of tea and coffee!
This class is suitable for:
Bakers of all skill levels who want to expand their gluten-free knowledge and understand how gluten-free ingredients work and how to use them in their baking.
Please note: While all the ingredients used during this class are gluten-free, we are not a gluten-free kitchen. There may be traces of gluten in the recipes tasted during the class.
Book this class along with The Science of Baking, which is held on the same day, and get 15% off the total price!
CLICK HERE to find out more.
Today I attended my third BakeClass, Gluten-Free Baking, and it dawned on me what an absolute privilege it is to attend these sessions. It is not only that Anneka is tremendously experienced, but the fact professionals from all aspects of the food world come to learn from her. I feel very lucky to have been able to attend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have any particular baking or cooking skills to attend a class?
Bakers of all levels are most welcome at our classes. Some classes are more suitable for students with some baking experience. Please check the individual class page which details who that class is suitable for be it a beginner, intermediate or experienced baker.
Do I need to bring anything with me to a Discovery Masterclass?
Make sure you wear closed shoes and bring a pen if you would like to make notes on your recipes.
Do I need to bring anything with me to a hands-on Workshop?
Make sure you wear closed shoes and please bring an apron. Also, bring a pen if you would like to make notes on your recipes.
Are all ingredients and equipment supplied for my hands-on Workshop?
Yes, all ingredients and equipment are included in the price for all workshops, apart from an apron.
How many people come along to each class?
Our Discovery Masterclasses will have no more than 20 people per class while our more intimate hands-on group classes will have no more than 12 people.
What will I be taking home at the end of the class?
Along with new confidence to bake and lots of useful information and loads of memorable hints and tips, you will also be taking home an invaluable recipe and information kit and special gifts from our wonderful partners. Participants of our workshops will also take home a ‘goodie’ box with samples of all the recipes that are made in the class (just so you can be the most popular person in your house!)
How do I book a place at one of your classes?
You can book online for our scheduled classes by clicking here. Unfortunately, we can’t reserve your place in a class until full payment is made. Once you have booked and full payment has been made you will receive a booking confirmation email and receipt from us. Please email us if you have any other queries before the class.
Do you have a wait list?
Yes! If you would like to attend a particular class but there are no available tickets, you can click on "Join the Waiting List" on the page of the particular class you wish to join. We will then notify you if there are any cancellations for that particular date, or we will be in touch when we schedule another class of the same topic.
If you would like to attend a particular class but there is no class of that topic scheduled in the calendar, please contact us and we will add you to a waitlist for that class.
What happens if I am unable to come along to the class I have booked?
If you are unable to attend a class for any reason, unfortunately we are unable to give you a refund due to our intimate class sizes. However, you have two options:
- Send a friend in your place. Please contact us and let us know who will be attending in your place and their contact details. You may use this option up until 24 hours before the class.
- If you give at least 14 days notice, you are able to transfer your ticket to another scheduled class of the same format being a Discovery Masterclass, Workshop or Weekend Workshop. This must be used within 6 months of the original class, subject to availability. Please contact us and let us know your new choice and date of class, and we will endeavour to accomodate your request as best as possible.
If you are unable to take up either of these two options, your booking will be deemed as a cancellation, which is non-refundable.
Please see the BakeClub Terms and Conditions for more information.
Can I purchase a Gift Certificate?
Yes, they make a great gift for family and friends – especially if you plan on coming to a class together. BakeClub Gift Certificates can be purchased here for the value of $100, $180 or $250.
Once you have purchased a gift certificate will receive an automatic confirmation email with a receipt from us. The Gift Certificate can be emailed to you, to the recipient of your choice or it can be posted out to you.
Please note that BakeClub Gift certificates are non-refundable however they are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Can I make a group booking?
Yes, you can. Contact us to find out more.
Where are Discovery Masterclasses and Workshops held?
All of our classes take place in the at Flash in the Pan Studio in Rosebery: Studio 216, Level 2, 30-40 Harcourt Parade, Rosebery NSW 2018.
Is there parking available at the BakeClub kitchen?
Our kitchen is located in a suburban area, with some industrial buildings. We do not have a dedicated parking area but you won’t have trouble finding all day parking as there is unlimited parking on Harcourt Parade directly in front of our building’s entrance as well as around the corner on Rothschild Avenue and ample parking in surrounding suburban streets.
How can I get to the BakeClub kitchen?
Our studio kitchen is located in Rosebery, only 10 minutes from Sydney's CBD. It is easily accessible by car and there is unlimited parking on Rothschild Avenue and ample parking in surrounding suburban streets.
We are also very close to a range of public transport, including:
- Buses: many buses travel to Rosebery and very close to the studio kitchen
- Trains: Mascot Railway Station is only 2.5kms away and a 5-minute taxi ride. It is located on Bourke Street near the corner of Church Avenue, Mascot.
- Planes: If you are travelling long distances to join us, we are delighted to have you. We are easily accessible from Sydney’s domestic airport and it is only a 7-minute taxi ride to the BakeClub kitchen.