In Grandma’s Kitchen
July School Holiday dates now available!
Discover baking from the 'olden days'
Join Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team these school holidays for another fun and interactive hands-on baking workshop to discover baking from the 'olden days'!
Revisit old-fashioned favourites from your grandmother’s generation, from scones and powder puffs to apple pie and cinnamon tea cake. We will spend the day discovering that the simpler things in life are often the best.
188 New South Head Rd, Edgecliff NSW 2027
- 6 hours of fun with expert baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team
- All equipment and ingredients required for the class
- Recipe & information kit to take home
- Take-home goodie box with sample of a recipe made
- Special baking ingredient gift
- Lots of laughs (and you may even get to lick the bowl if you are lucky)!
- Melting Moments
- Apple Pie
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Powder Puffs
- Homemade butter (using a hand-cranked butter churn)
Extra (non-baking) activities
- General safety and hygiene in the kitchen
- "Do you know what this is?" activity: discovering the kitchen utensil and ingredients that home cooks used 3 generations ago.
- We will also explore the way in which food was prepared without modern appliances and identify the convenience food products that simply didn't exist!
Children to bringClosed toed shoes, aprons, long hair tied back, water bottles, and packed morning tea and lunch.
Please note: all of our workshops are nut-free. BakeClub can cater for special dietary requirements, wherever possible.
Anneka Manning’s BakeClub workshops are, to quote my seven year old daughter, "the best”. My kids have enjoyed every second of the workshops they’ve attended. Not only do they finish the day proudly showing off a box of delicious goodies they’ve made, they’ve talked all the way home about safety in the kitchen, great wizardry with ingredients, how important it is to eat healthy food and the most telling of all, asking if they can go again next holidays. Anneka and her team are super-friendly, professional and organised. When it comes to school holiday camps, they’ve nailed it!
Sally Murray, Editor & Book Agent