BakeSchool: Basics Online Course
- Online Courses -
BakeSchool: Basics is now open for enrolment.
Click here to start now.
Learn to bake in 14 days!
BakeSchool: Basics is a 14-day eCourse where you will learn the basics of baking in a fun and engaging way – all from your own home kitchen.
This course will reconnect you with baking from scratch and emphasise the importance of using our hands to create something not only delicious, but ready to share with someone in need of a little connection and care (and who of us doesn’t need that at the moment!) Perfect to do with your kids, BakeSchool: Basics will teach them valuable life skills while having a daily focus full of fun and learning – the perfect addition to their "home-schooling" curriculum.
Guided by Anneka Manning and her 30 years of baking experience, this course will cover ingredients, equipment and two simple mixing methods, and is packed full of hints, tips and tricks to make baking easy, more successful and therefore, much more fun!
Through this course you will learn how baking can be a wonderful grounding and calming exercise that can help to reduce anxiety and stress, while providing enjoyment and a little respite from the current worldwide situation.
BakeSchool: Basics is a self-guided course and is now open for enrolment.
CLICK HERE to start now.
Is BakeSchool: Basics for me?
- Are you stuck in self-isolation and keen to learn a new skill?
- Are you looking for a valuable and fun activity to do with children now that they're spending more time at home (while teaching them life-long skills)?
- Would you love to bake from scratch and stop relying on store-bought baked goods?
- Would you like to partake in a daily exercise that will help you practise mindfulness?
- Have you perhaps never considered yourself to be a particularly good baker but would like to give it another go and see if baking is for you?
If any of these sound like you, then BakeSchool: Basics is the course for you!
Who is this course suitable for?
- This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at beginners.
- As this course is completed online, it is suitable for students from all over the world.
Please note: BakeSchool: Basics is a condensed version of our Baking Foundations online course so we do not recommend it to those who have already completed Baking Foundations.
How does a self-guided course work?
This online course is completely self-led and self-paced. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and complete the modules one day at a time.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Instagram using #bakeschoolbasics to share your experience and move through the course together, supporting each other as your confidence and skills grow.
What will I get?
- 14 downloadable course modules which will include invaluable information sheets, videos, recipes, checklists and infographics.
- Baking advice and inspiration from Anneka Manning.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of baking and how to use them to ensure baking success.
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home – and the inspiration to get into the kitchen and get baking!
What will I learn during BakeSchool: Basics?
Over 14 modules, BakeSchool: Basics will cover:
- The Secrets to Baking Success
- Preparing Your Cake Tins
- The Measure & Mix Method
- The 10 Essential Baking Ingredients
- All About Eggs
- All About Butter
- The Measure & Beat Method
- The Top 10 Essential Baking Tools
- Understanding Your Oven
- Mixing Tools
What recipes are included?
- Melt & Mix Coconut Chocolate Cake
- Honied Muesli Bars
- Carrot & Parsnip Picnic Loaf
- Classic Walnut Brownies
- Pecan & Cinnamon Oat Biscuits
- Mini Baked Jam Doughnuts
- White Chocolate Butterfly Cakes
- Cherry & Almond Friands
- Zebra Cake
- Easy Vanilla Cake
- Zucchini, Parmesan & Basil Muffins
- Mixed Seed & Fig Crackers
- Rhubarb Sour Cream Crumble Cake
Love the idea of learning online?
Even if you've been baking for years, there is always something new to learn and the tips and ideas that were shared were amazing. Things are much easier to learn from an expert like Anneka! Join up straight away you'll have a ball. Well worth doing.
Ellie Hynd (Baking Foundations online course student)
I have come away feeling not only more confident but have also found an even greater appreciation for the wonderful world of baking ... Anneka, you really have created something quite special with this course. It has a perfect mix of practical and theoretical work that really go hand in hand with each module. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us all.
Amy Minichiello (The Science of Baking online course student)