- Online Courses -
Baking Basics is now open for enrolment.
I totally enjoyed this value for money course which has renewed my love of baking. The recipes were fantastic and I will definitely be baking more from now on, utilising my newly acquired skills. This was a perfect course for me. Just Do It. You won’t look back.
Marlene Davies, Victoria
Learn to bake at home – in 14 days!
Baking Basics is a fun and engaging online course where you will learn the basics of baking – in your own time, at your own pace – all from your own home kitchen!
Designed to be completed in 14 days, this is the perfect online course for anyone looked for a structured way to learn how to bake (or to do something constructive during Covid lockdowns or self-isolation).
Guided by Anneka Manning and her more than 30 years of baking experience, this course will cover ingredients, equipment and two simple mixing methods, and is packed full of hints, tips and tricks to make baking easy, more successful and therefore, much more fun!
This course will reconnect you with baking from scratch and emphasise the importance of using our hands to create something not only delicious but ready to share with someone in need of a little connection and care. Through this course, you will learn how baking can be a wonderful grounding and calming exercise that can help to reduce anxiety and stress, while providing endless enjoyment.
Please note: Baking Basics is a condensed version of our Baking Foundations online course so we do not recommend it to those who have already completed Baking Foundations.
Baking Basics is a self-guided course and is now open for enrolment.
I completed this course with my daughter and we learnt so much and really enjoyed it! I was so impressed with the results we achieved. We absolutely loved the experience, can not fault the info, videos and all instructions. Nothing to improve in our eyes!
Is Baking Basics for me?
- Would you love to bake from scratch and not rely on store-bought baked goods?
- Would you like to partake in a regular baking exercise that will help you practise mindfulness?
- Have you perhaps never considered yourself to be a particularly good baker but would like to give it another go and see if baking is for you?
- Are you keen to learn something new?
- Are you looking for a valuable and fun activity to do with children (while teaching them life-long skills)?
- Would you like to be guided and inspired by Anneka's 30+ years of baking experience in your own kitchen?
If any of these sound like you, then Baking Basics is the course for you!
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is, quite simply, suitable for everyone, but it is aimed at beginners. As this course is completed online, it is available to students from all over the world.
How does a self-guided course work?
This online course is completely self-led and self-paced. Upon enrolment, you will gain access to the course content which you can work through at your own pace. You can log on whenever it is convenient for you and complete the modules one day at a time.
You can take 14 days or more to complete the course – it's up to you how quickly you want to work through the content. You will have lifetime access to all the recipes, videos and printable information sheets so you can dip in and out of it whenever it suits you.
There is the option to connect with other bakers via Facebook through BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table membership group and via Instagram using #bakeschoolbasics. This way you can share your experience and support each other as your confidence and skills grow.
What will I get?
- 14 downloadable course modules which will include invaluable information sheets, videos, recipes, checklists and infographics.
- Baking advice and inspiration from Anneka Manning.
- A thorough understanding of the basics of baking and how to use them to ensure baking success.
- Membership to BakeClub's exclusive The Kitchen Table online group
- Baking confidence, knowledge and skill to use regularly at home – and the inspiration to get into the kitchen and get baking!
What will I learn during Baking Basics?
Over 14 modules, Baking Basics will cover:
- The Secrets to Baking Success
- Preparing Your Cake Tins
- The Measure & Mix Method
- The 10 Essential Baking Ingredients
- All About Eggs
- All About Butter
- The Measure & Beat Method
- The Top 10 Essential Baking Tools
- Understanding Your Oven
- Mixing Tools
Which recipes are included?
- Melt & Mix Coconut Chocolate Cake
- Honied Muesli Bars
- Carrot & Parsnip Picnic Loaf
- Classic Walnut Brownies
- Pecan & Cinnamon Oat Biscuits
- Mini Baked Jam Doughnuts
- White Chocolate Butterfly Cakes
- Cherry & Almond Friands
- Zebra Cake
- Easy Vanilla Cake
- Zucchini, Parmesan & Basil Muffins
- Mixed Seed & Fig Crackers
- Rhubarb Sour Cream Crumble Cake
I have never done a cooking course online before and now I would highly recommend it! Though I’ve been baking for a long time I’ve actually never been taught the basics. It was great to start from the beginning and this has improved my baking. You will pick up lots of tips and the recipes are divine. I really enjoyed the course.
Vanessa Hasler, Melbourne