All About Bread
July School Holiday dates now available!
Explore the wonderful world of bread
Join Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team these school holidays for another fun and interactive hands-on baking workshop to explore the wonderful world of bread and yeast.
Mix, roll, knead, shape and bake your way through the day. From dinner rolls and grissini sticks to sticky cinnamon scrolls and pizza, we will make a range of scrumptious bread-based recipes to enjoy and take home. You will also learn how yeast works through a collection of fun experiments and discover the history and relevance of different traditional breads from various cultures.
188 New South Head Rd, Edgecliff NSW 2027
- 6 hours of fun with expert baking advice, guidance and inspiration from Anneka Manning and the BakeClub team
- All equipment and ingredients required for the class
- Recipe & information kit to take home
- Take-home goodie bag/box with sample of recipes made
- Special baking ingredient gift
- Lots of laughs (and you may even get to lick the bowl if you are lucky)!
- Dinner Rolls
- Grissini Sticks
- Spiced Fruit Buns
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
Extra (non-baking) activities
- General safety and hygiene in the kitchen
- Fun experiments to demonstrate how yeast actually works
- ‘Breads of the World’ games
Children to bring
Closed toed shoes, aprons, long hair tied back, water bottles, and packed morning tea.
Note: Lunch is included with this workshop but please still bring your morning tea.
Please note: all of our workshops are nut-free. BakeClub can cater for special dietary requirements, wherever possible.
Anneka Manning’s BakeClub workshops are, to quote my seven year old daughter, "the best”. My kids have enjoyed every second of the workshops they’ve attended. Not only do they finish the day proudly showing off a box of delicious goodies they’ve made, they’ve talked all the way home about safety in the kitchen, great wizardry with ingredients, how important it is to eat healthy food and the most telling of all, asking if they can go again next holidays. Anneka and her team are super-friendly, professional and organised. When it comes to school holiday camps, they’ve nailed it!
Sally Murray, Editor & Book Agent